The pipeline is challenged from a multitude of critical
and sensitive interfaces. These include; rivers, creeks,
waterways, stock crossings, areas of cultural &
indigenous significance, gazetted roadways and Private
Landholder access. Terrain and geotechnical variability
along the corridor ranges from sand, sandstone, black
clays, dispersive clays through to basalt rock.
All pump stations are commissioned both individually
and as part of the whole system. Operating Manuals are
prepared and client staff thoroughly trained in the
system operation. Asset registers and as-built plans are
also prepared to complete the final project records.
The Carmichael coal mine is located in the north Galilee Basin, Queensland, approximately 280km south of Townsville and 300km west of Mackay. The work scope included the construction of a water pipeline and procurement of associated pumping equipment & water storages.
- Construct 195km’s PE100 PN10 450-500mm pipe
- Air, isolation, scour outlets & stock offtakes
- Six (6) pumping stations
- 210km Fibre Optic Cable (FOC) supply & install
- Bulk earthworks
- 1500m of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) all major waterways
- 450m Thrust boring major road ways
- MDR documentation
- Hydorotesting & Commissioning