This particular section included gas and water gathering pipelines, along with the added complexity of installation of HV & FOC reticulation, often commingled within the trenches with the PE Gas & Water pipelines.
Pneumatic testing was progressively completed in five defined sections, allowing a sequenced handover of the asset to commence early gas extraction.
Completed on time and on budget, with zero defects, despite significant challenges of slow rock excavation and inclement weather.
- 98km of PE100 pipelines to DN630
- 98km of High Voltage cable to 33kV installation & testing
- 98km of Fibre Optic cable installation, splicing & testing
- Live gas & water tie in connections
- 100% Pneumatic strength and leak testing
- 100% GPS weld location and traceability
- 100% traceability of all materials
- 100% Welding qualification
- Native soil screened for bed and pad
- Marker tape and added tracer wire above pipe
- Pull through cleaning of each pipe at welding
- Pneumatic flushing for pipe cleanliness verification