The Narrabri project, although short in length and duration was very challenging due to the alignment of the pipeline being the middle of the Pilliga State Forrest, within an existing HDPE Water line corridor, with no new clearing allowed. The pipeline was subject to strict EIS conditions including minimising dust and erosion onsite. To manage the conditions an extensive erosion sediment control plan (ESCP) was designed and implemented.
Significant Controls needed from the EIS included:
- Development of an extensive CEMP that showed the processes and controls for the job
- Emergency management procedures showing responses to fire and flood
- Stakeholder support and notification of works
- Protester compliance training
- Inductions including Environmental, Cultural Heritage requirements
- Extensive dilapidation survey of the alignment followed by a post construction survey>25 Rail and Road Thrust Bores up to DN630